Press "Enter" to skip to content

Border situation ‘stable’ China ready for 14th round of disengagement talks with India

Read, enjoy and share the latest news features on Canada Morning Post

Read, enjoy and share the latest news in India on New Delhi Central Press Syndicate.

Troops

Beijing: China said Tuesday that the current situation on the border areas with India was ‘stable’. China also confirmed that the 14th round of Corps Commander-level talks to discuss the disengagement process in the remaining friction points in eastern Ladakh will be held Wednesday. The remarks were made by Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Wang Wenbin. It came a day after sources in the security establishment in New Delhi said that India is looking forward to ‘constructive’ dialogue with China to resolve issues in remaining friction points in eastern Ladakh. The two sides have been involved in a friction over some border areas for some 20 months now.

Other News:   Florida resident wants ‘woke’ New York visitors to leave

Wang was asked whether China can confirm the meeting and its expectations. “As agreed by both sides, China and India January 12th will hold the 14th Commander level meeting on the Chinese side of the Maldo meeting site,” Wang said.

“Currently, the situation on the border areas is stable on the whole. The two sides are in dialogue and communication through diplomatic and military channels,” Wang added.

Wang said China hopes that India will help the situation move from an emergency mode to a regular daily based management phase.

Also read: China builds bridge across Pangong lake, MEA says area under Chinese occupation for 60 years

According to the sources in New Delhi, the ‘Senior Highest Military Commander Level’ talks between India and China will take place January 12 at the Chushul-Moldo meeting point. It is on the Chinese side of the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in eastern Ladakh.

Other News:   Good for world cricket: Taylor on Bangladesh’s Test win over NZ

The Indian side is expected to press for disengagement as soon as possible in all the remaining friction points including resolution of issues in Depsang Bulge and Demchok.

The 13th round of military talks took place October 10, 2021 and they ended in a stalemate. Both sides failed to make any headway in the talks. The Indian Army said after the dialogue that the ‘constructive suggestions’ made by it were neither agreeable to the Chinese side nor it could provide any ‘forward-looking’ proposals.

In their virtual diplomatic talks November 18, India and China agreed to hold the 14th round of military talks at an early date to achieve the objective of complete disengagement in remaining friction points in eastern Ladakh.

Other News:   Krishna Ghattamaneni: Krishna who is emotional after looking at his son for the first time

The eastern Ladakh border standoff between the Indian and Chinese militaries erupted on May 5, 2020, following a violent clash in the Pangong lake areas.

As a result of a series of military and diplomatic talks, the two sides completed the disengagement process last year in the north and south banks of the Pangong lake and in the Gogra area. Each side currently has around 50,000 to 60,000 troops along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in the sensitive sector.

 

Continue Reading News Story. Published by New Delhi Central Press Syndicate. For feedback write to Amnon Jakony, Founding Editor/Publisher – amnon [at] thedailyreformer.com. Thanks for reading.

Continue Reading News Story. Published by Canada Central Press Syndicate. For feedback write to Amnon Jakony, Founding Editor/Publisher - amnon [at] thedailyreformer.com. Thanks for reading.

Mission News Theme by Compete Themes.