Police arrest primary suspect in Los Angeles attack on Jewish diners : Canada Morning Post News

Canada Morning Post: Daily Conservative News for North America. Read, Enjoy and Share.

Police arrested a primary suspect last week in the assault of several Jewish diners outside a Los Angeles restaurant last week, announced the Los Angeles Police Department.

The suspect, identified as Xavier Pabon, was taken into custody at a home outside of Los Angeles with the assistance of the U.S. Marshal Service. He was arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon, and the police requested an increased bail “due to the crime being motivated by hatred.”

Canada Morning Post News:   ‘Christian Birthright’ tours to Israel resume with plans to bring 3,000 students by 2022

Jewish diners were attacked shortly before 10 p.m. on May 18 outside Sushi Fumi in the Beverly Grove area of Los Angeles by a pro-Palestinian group of men just hours after a large protest in support of Palestinian rights. Cell-phone videos showed the attackers get out of a car and start to pummel diners as they yelled racial slurs. One witness said, “They were chanting ‘Death to Jews’ and ‘Free Palestine.’ ”

Police said one minor injury was reported, and the restaurant was not damaged.

Canada Morning Post News:   After Publishing Claim That “Israel Had Built 16,800 Settlements,” Toronto Star Issues Correction

The Anti-Defamation League is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the other perpetrators.

In a Twitter post, Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti called the crime an “organized, anti-Semitic attack.”

He also said that “Jewish Angelenos, like all residents, should always feel safe in our city. … L.A. is a city of belonging, not of hate. There is simply no place for anti-Semitism, discrimination or prejudice of any kind in Los Angeles. And we will never tolerate bigotry and violence in our communities.”

Canada Morning Post News:   Netanyahu: Gaza media tower housed terrorist intelligence office

Pabon was released on Sunday after posting a $275,000 bond and is due in court on Sept. 23, reported The Los Angeles Times.

The post Police arrest primary suspect in Los Angeles attack on Jewish diners appeared first on JNS.org.

Canada Morning Post is conservative news publisher in Canada. Our coverage includes news stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources all over North America.