Qatar offers Hamas-ruled Gaza $500 million to rebuild : Canada Morning Post News

Canada Morning Post: Daily Conservative News for North America. Read, Enjoy and Share.

Qatar’s foreign minister, Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al-Thani, announced on Wednesday that the Gulf state would give $500 million to help rebuild the Gaza Strip after an 11-day conflict with Israel.

The hostilities began on May 10, when Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad in the Strip launched rockets towards the Jewish state that number more than 4,000by the time a truce was declared on May 21.

Canada Morning Post News:   CBC Host Carol Off Tacitly Justifies Palestinian Rock Throwing as Legitimate Resistance

Islamist-supporting Qatar has long supplied Hamas with money and certain goods, and Israel has acquiesced to help maintain a level of stability for the 2 million residents of the coastal enclave.

U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken has been in the region on behalf of the Biden administration for the past two days seeking to “rally international support” for Gaza, the AP reported Wednesday.

Canada Morning Post News:   Rachel Maddow Says She Will Have to “Rewire” Her Brain to Not View Maskless as a “Threat”

Blinken said he was seeking to rebuild Gaza without letting the aid reach Hamas or its military wing, the Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades.

Israel resumed the supply of goods to Gaza and opened up fishing there earlier this week.

Canada Morning Post News:   Hour-long strike by Cellcom on Palestinian ‘Day of Rage’ disenfranchises Israeli customers

The post Qatar offers Hamas-ruled Gaza $500 million to rebuild appeared first on JNS.org.

Canada Morning Post is conservative news publisher in Canada. Our coverage includes news stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources all over North America.